Do you want to know what the best mandolin under $500 is?
When it comes to music accessories you may find them quite expensive especially when your budget is a little bit tight. But instead of scarifying your passion for music, you can get the best mandolin for under $500.
In this article, we’re going to show you 7 top mandolins that you should try.
List of the Best Mandolin Under $500
Kentucky KM-1000 Mandolin is famous for having awesome qualities which will provide you clarity and volume in the best possible way. The Adirondack spruce top material is super-solid and hands-carved, which offers great sound quality.
In this regard, Kentucky KM-1000 Mandolin is considered as best mandolin under 500 dollars which is having 8 alloy steel strings that are quite easy to play. The slim flamed maple neck offers perfect grip and is easy to carry even when using it for a longer period.
- The back material of the mandolin is highly flamed Michigan Maple which offers extra punch.
- It is having a premium ebony fingerboard which is extra durable and gives it a striking look.
- It is having vintage sunburst color with high-gloss lacquer finishing which looks extremely beautiful.
Ibanez 8-String Mandolin is considered as the best mandolin under $500 which offers great sound quality. It provides a rich and bright sound from the magnetic pickup and you can also adjust the pickup height and get more bass or treble in the best possible way.
Moreover, Ibanez 8-String Mandolin is having bronze string material that is of high quality and doesn’t sting your fingers if you are a beginner. The body and the back of the mandolin are made up of mahogany which is durable and long-lasting.
- It is having effective volume and tone controls through their ranges.
- The top material of the mandolin is having resonant spruce.
- It is solidly constructed and there are no gaps or flaws in binding
Vangoa A style Mandolin can perfectly produce an ethereal and crisp sound. It is made up of tonewood that is light in weight which you can carry easily for a longer period. It is having a wider range of 20 frets which is ideal for beginners.
Therefore, Vangoa A style Mandolin is considered as the best cheap mandolin which is chrome-plated and open gear tuner stays in tune. The string material is made up of alloy steel that is of high quality.
- It comes with a pick-up, strap, extra strings, tuner, and backpack.
- It has a pick-up that can be connected to an amplifier.
- It is made up of tonewood with sunburst color and the “A” shape looks quite attractive.
Ibanez M510DVS Mandolin is one of the best mandolin 2021 which is not only cheap but also quite easy to play. You will be quite amazed by its sound quality and the latest features that are being introduced in it. The adjustable bridge system offers a lot of variations.
Therefore, Ibanez M510DVS Mandolin is having mahogany spruce wood which makes it super-shiny and attractive. It is a short-neck mandolin having 12 fret and light gauge strings that are easy to play. The A-style looks quite attractive and easy to carry.
- It is having an easy set-up and you can play right after taking it out of the box.
- It is having an acoustic pickup configuration which gives you an outstanding sound.
- The weight of the mandolin is 2.5 pounds that is easy to carry.
Ibanez M522SBS F-Style Mandolin is considered as top acoustic-electric mandolin f-style which is having awesome sound quality. The back material is maple and mahogany which makes it quite durable. The solid spruce top gives you a proper gripping and you can tune it accurately.
In this regard, Ibanez M522SBS F-Style Mandolin offers a 13.75” scale which is perfect for beginners and the adjustable bridge system is quite easy to use. It is an acoustic mandolin that can produce nice tunes. The solid spruce top makes it quite durable and long-lasting.
- It is custom-built F-style mandolin that can perfectly produce the loudest noise.
- It adheres to the highest standard of craftsmanship that makes it unique.
- The pearl block Inlay of the fretboard is quite attractive and nicely trimmed.
Loar LM-310F-BRB Mandolin can provide you with the perfect sound quality. It is considered the best Eastman mandolin that is having a maple back and sides. The top material is made up of solid spruce that is hand-carved which gives it an awesome look.
In addition to that, Loar LM-310F-BRB Mandolin features a thin “V” shaped profile maple neck which fits comfortably to the player’s hands and you can tune in the best possible way. The “F” style of the mandolin gives it a graceful curve that looks quite attractive.
- It is having a fretboard extension which allows you to have easy strumming.
- It features with D’Addario strings that are easy to play even for beginners.
- It is light in weight and easy in carrying for long concerts or live performances.
Kmise A-style mandolin is considered as the best mandolin under $500 that is having phosphor bronze steel strings which are easy to play and give you excellent sound quality. You can even get different sounds with its adjustable truss rod and compensated bridge.
Moreover, the Kmise A-style mandolin can give you wonderful melodies with excellent string tension and vibrato that make its sound even brighter. It comes with picks, strings, strap, tuner, and backpack so you can use it right after unpacking it.
- It is having chrome-plated gear which is wear-resistant and easy to tune.
- It provides adjustable action which offers the player to get different sounds according to your taste.
- The 8 bronze steel strings give bright and wonderful melodies.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q. What brand is a good mandolin?
A. several mandolins are considered as the best such as; Kentucky KM-150 A-style, Rogue RM-100 AA-style, Ibanez M510 A-style, and Rogue RM-100F F-style, etc.
Q. Is mandolin harder than guitar?
A. Mandolin is considered quite easy to play because of has fewer strings than a guitar. So, it’s easy to learn especially for beginners.
Q. What’s the Best Mandolin Under 500 dollar?
A. There is a number of mandolins under $500 such as; Ibanez M510DVS, Stagg M50E Acoustic-Electric mandolin, Kentucky KM-150 Standard A-Model, and Ibanez M522BS F-style mandolin, etc.
What is the Best Mandolin Under $500?
To conclude, these mandolins are quite cheap which are considered the best mandolin under $500. Whether you are a beginner or you want to choose your profession as a mandolin player.
You will love to play any of it but before buying any of it you should look at the features and bring the perfect one.
We hope this article helps you to choose the best cheap mandolins in 2021.