Record player needles are an often overlooked part of the record playing process. They are what help you listen to your favorite records by reading the grooves in them and translating them into music.
Unfortunately, these delicate pieces of equipment can break at any moment due to wear and tear or improper handling.
Luckily for you, we have compiled a list of the 9 best record player needle replacements available on the market today so that you don’t have to worry about this aspect of your vinyl listening experience!
What Is the Needle on a Record Player Called?
The needle on a record player is called the stylus. It is responsible for reading the grooves in a vinyl record and translating it into music. Also, the stylus is what wears out with time, and it needs to be replaced.
What Kind of Needle Is Best for a Record Player?
There are a few things to consider when looking for a new needle for your record player. The first is the type of cartridge that your player uses. There are two main types: moving magnet and moving coil. The second consideration is the weight of the cartridge. Heavier cartridges require a heavier-weight needle.
List of the Best Record Player Needles in 2022
Gartopvoiz Diamond Stylus Replacement is one of the best record player needles. It is a brand new, super thin, and fine needle tip.
Also, the record player needles are made of alumina ceramic with a diamond shape at the end. This kind of record needle is superior to the ordinary needle.
The record player needles are specially designed to fit with the magnetic cartridge in your turntable, and they will not damage the record player.
In addition, this needle can play 33-45-78 rpm records without any problem. It is a perfect replacement for your old needle.
- It offers superior sound quality and tracking
- It is easy to install with no tools required
- It is compatible with 33, 45, and 78 rpm records
- The needle is made of diamond and ceramic material
- It plays 33, 45, 78 rpm records without any problem.
4 Pack Ruby Record Player Needle is a replacement needle for many record players on the market. This needle is made from a diamond stylus with a tracking ability of up to six grams.
Besides, the installation process is very simple and does not require any tools. You can enjoy great sound quality with this needle as it offers high output and accurate tones. Also, the needle is made from upgraded materials such as High-Grade ABS Plastic and Aluminum arm.
- It is a replacement needle for many record players on the market.
- It is made from a diamond stylus with a tracking ability of up to six grams.
- It provides high output and accurate tones.
- It offers great sound quality with its upgraded materials such as High-Grade ABS Plastic and Aluminum arm.
3-Pack – Record Player Needle is a small, pointed piece of hard material used by the gramophone or phonograph to play grooves in a record.
Moreover, it is one of the main factors in sound reproduction; its design, material, and thickness affect the quality of sound produced by your record player.
In addition, most modern phonograph needles are made of materials such as sapphire, bonded diamond, or a composite thereof.
- It is designed to play the grooves of your vinyl records, producing superior sound and protecting them from damage while preserving precious memories
- This needle is made with diamond and is designed to last 1000 hrs
- It installs in seconds and is compatible with Crosley, Victrola, ION, TEAC GF-550, Jensen JTA-220, and more!
2-Pack Record Player Needle Replacement is a compatible needle for Crosley, Jensen, Pyle, and many other record players.
It is made with a diamond tip that will last longer than other needles. It improves sound quality and preserves vinyl records by reducing wear and tear on your cherished albums.
In addition, the installation is simple, just remove the old needles with your hand and snap on our needles. It is an economic choice for the record player owners who want to preserve their vinyl records.
- It is a compatible needle for Crosley, Jensen, Pyle, and more record players
- It is made with a diamond-tipped that will last longer than other needles
- It produces quality sound for up to 1000 hrs and saves you money
- Ordinary needles dull after 100 hours resulting in inferior sound
Set of 5 Vinyl Record Player is perfect for your LP phonograph record player! It is made of high-quality ABS composition which gives a more clear, smoother sound to the music and will not harm your cherished albums.
It is very easy to install, with no need for tools. Just a few simple steps and you are ready to go. This cartridge is also compatible with most of the turntables on the market today.
- It is easy to install and no tools are required.
- High-quality ABS composition, which gives a more clear, smoother sound to the music and will not harm your cherished albums.
- Compatible with most of the turntables on market today.
- The stylus needle is made in China and assembled by professional technology.
Crosley NP1 Replacement Needle is a genuine Crosley replacement needle with a diamond stylus. It is made of ABS plastic composition and plays three speeds – 33-⅓, 45 and 78 RPM records.
It provides thousands of rotations for extended playing time. Also, the Crosley NP-series replacement needles are a great way to keep your vinyl collection sounding good and new.
- It is a genuine Crosley replacement needle with a diamond stylus.
- Made of ABS plastic composition and plays three speeds – 33-⅓, 45 and 78 RPM.
- Provides thousands of rotations for extended playing time.
Audio-Technica AT-VMN95E is a replacement stylus for the AT-VM95E cartridge. It offers an elliptical stylus with a 0.30×0.70mil bonded round shank.
The VMN95E stylus is designed for use with the AT-VM95, AT-VM98, and AT-VM95LE phono cartridges.
Also, it is compatible with the AT-LP60, AT-LP60S, AT-LP60SA, and the AT-LP120 turntables.
- It is a light gray color with a stylus length of 0.70 mm, which is the highest among other AT-VMN95E replacement cartridges
- It has a tracking force of 0.75 to which is also the highest among other AT-VMN95E replacement cartridges.
- You can also use it for any other AT-VMN95E cartridge that is not the above models.
- It offers a frequency response of 20 Hz to 22 kHz.
Victrola 3 Pack has high-quality ceramic needles for better and longer record play life. This needle is a direct replacement. It is simple, effortless, and easy to install. You can have your turntable back to playing in minutes!
- It is a direct replacement for Victrola needles
- Comes with three (pack) needles
- Compatible with 33-45, 78 RPM records
- Works with all vinyl record players
- Installation is simple and easy
- Needles are ceramic for better and longer record life
Audio-Technica Turntable Needle-ATN3600L is a diamond stereo needle with a conical tip. It is designed for playing 33 and 45 rpm records.
Moreover, it comes in two colors, beige and black, and is also enclosed in a protective package.
It offers an elliptical-shaped stylus that offers smooth sonic performance with less distortion and excellent detail.
- It has a special surface that prevents the needle from skipping, so you can enjoy great sound wherever and whenever you want it to be.
- It is an Audio-Technica product, one of the most reputable brands in this industry because of its top-quality products and services.
- The ATN3600L needle is also a replacement stylus that fits the Audio-Technica AT-LP120USB turntable.
Conclusion: Needle Record Player
That’s all! the list we have provided should help you find the best record player needle for your needs and budget. If we misjudged anything about the record player needle, please let us know.
We will take it into consideration and make the necessary changes to ensure this article is as helpful as possible.
You can also check out What Is An EP In Music (Easy Guide).
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: How to change a record player needle?
A: It depends on the record player. Some are easier to change than others. Usually, you just need to remove a screw or two, and then the needle can be popped out and replaced.
Q: Are all record player needles the same?
A: No. There are different types of needles for playing different types of records. You need to find the needle that is compatible with your record player and the records you are playing.
Q: How to clean record player needle?
A: All record player needles should be cleaned regularly, especially each time you play a record. You can use rubbing alcohol to clean the needle, but be careful not to allow any of it into the record player itself.
Q: What is the difference between a record player needle and an ordinary needle?
A: A record player needle is specifically designed for use with vinyl records. It has a different shape and size than an ordinary needle, and it is usually made from a different material. Ordinary needles are not meant for use with vinyl records and may damage them.
You can also check out 6 Best Padded Keyboard Benches: Compare and Buy and 13 Best Piano Keyboard Stickers: How to Customize Your Piano.