Headless guitars are best for many reasons, and we want to share them with you! When it comes to the best headless guitars, there is a lot of variety in sound and style.
We’ve compiled a list of the best headless electric guitars that will suit any player’s needs.
From beginners to professionals, these 11 best headless guitars will provide an amazing experience for any guitarist.
Table of Content (Best Headless Guitars)
→ 11 Best Headless Guitars in 2022
→ 1. EART Headless Electric Guitar GW1
→ 2. EART Headless Electric Guitar GW2
→ 3. Asmuse Foldable Travel Headless Electric Guitar
→ 4. Steinberger GTPROBK1 Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Black
→ 5. Strandberg Boden Classic 6 Trem | Burgundy Mist
→ 6. Asmuse Headless Electric Guitar (Green)
→ 7. JAMMY MIDI Guitar App-Enabled Digital Travel Guitar
→ 8. Jbanez 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar
→ 9. EART Classic Telecaster Electric Guitar
→ 10. Bootlegger Guitar Spade Travel Guitar Electric
→ 11. Jamstik Studio MIDI Guitar (Black Matte)
→ Choosing the Best Headless Guitar (Buying Guide)
→ Technical Aspects to Look for in a Headless Guitar
→ Conclusion – Best Headless Guitars
→ Frequently Ask Questions
11 Best Headless Guitars in 2022
EART Headless Electric Guitar GW1 is a full-scale small guitar that is perfect for travel. It comes with dual humbuckers, a tremolo system, and a fixed/tremolo bridge.
Also, you can use this guitar in different environments with its two modes: tremolo or fixed. It guitar has a multi-piece roasted maple and padauk neck to provide stability while tuning down.
- It comes with a roasted ash body, burled maple veneer, and a five-piece roasted maple/padauk neck.
- It has stainless steel frets and a tremolo/fixed dual function bridge.
- It also has a U to C compound neck profile, stainless steel frets, and a compound radius.
|Easy to play
|Great sound and feel
|Smooth playing surface for nice
EART Headless Electric Guitar GW2 is one of the best headless guitars that you can find.
Moreover, it offers the best-playing effect is achieved by using it with a string tension measuring device. It allows you to use the Headless Guitar String Tuning Method and achieve better tuning stability.
- It allows you to use the Headless Guitar String Tuning Method and achieve better tuning stability.
- You will get the best-playing effect by using it with a string tension measuring device.
- GW-002 is one of the best headless guitars for all abilities. With a roasted Padauk body and burled maple veneer, it excels in looks and tone.
|Well built, good tone.
|High-quality materials and workmanship.
|Lightweight so you can gig with it all night long!
Asmuse Foldable Travel Headless Electric Guitar is a great choice for both beginners and experienced guitarists. It offers a headless design that protects the strings and makes it difficult to go out of tune.
Also, when you unfold it, it becomes a full-scale electric guitar that is perfect for performances or practice.
- It comes with a foldable body, making it ultra-portable and perfect for travel.
- You will also get a headphone amplifier with a rechargeable battery.
- It allows you to practice silently in public places without disturbing others.
|∮ Headless design
|∮ Special modular bridge
|∮ CNC processing
Steinberger GTPROBK1 is one of the best headless electric guitars that you will find on the market today. It offers a great advantage of a headless design that eliminates the weight and stress on your shoulders.
Best of all, You will also find that this guitar offers the best way to play without any discomfort. Plus, the best performance can be expected from a Steinberger guitar.
- It offers a great advantage of a headless design.
- It offers the best way to play guitar without the weight and stress on your shoulders.
- You will get best performance with a Steinberger guitar.
|One of the best headless guitars
|Best way to play without any discomfort
Strandberg Boden Classic 6 Trem is another one of the best headless guitars for all abilities.
It comes with a roasted maple neck, which makes it incredibly easy to play. Best thing about this headless guitar is that it has a tremolo system that makes string changes easier.
Besides, It is best for playing metal music, which you can do due to the humbucker pick-up that is featured in this best headless guitar.
- It is always a good idea to have the best headless guitars for all abilities.
- It is because they are extremely versatile and can be used by people with any ability.
- You will also save a lot of money when you buy headless guitars because they are affordable.
|Roasted Maple Neck
Asmuse Headless Electric Guitar (Green) is a small-sized guitar but full scale. It is headless with a lock nut to protect the strings and has a guitar strap closure for quick locking and unlocking the guitar strap.
Best of all, the special modular bridge allows for updates and exchanges. Also, it is perfect for travel or performances.
- It comes with a special tiger eye processing that makes it unique and attractive.
- It is headless with a lock nut to protect the strings.
- You can quickly and easily lock or unlock the guitar strap.
- It has a portable size that makes it perfect for travel or performances.
|It is best for travel and performances
|The headless design makes it easy to carry around everywhere you go.
JAMMY MIDI Guitar App-Enabled Digital Travel Guitar comes with a detachable frame, strap, carrying bag, and custom pick set.
Also, this MIDI controller can sound like any instrument you want and is perfect for creating multi-instrumental tracks with only guitar-playing skills.
Besides, Jammy G also offers a 4400mAh battery that allows for up to six hours of active playing. The best part is that this guitar is always tuned and ready to play right out of the box.
- You can experiment with your sound using Jammy G’s built-in programmable accelerometer and push knob
- Jammy Guitar controller is best for those who want to play guitar on their Mac or Windows computer
- It offers MIDI controller that can sound like any instrument you want and is perfect for creating multi-instrumental tracks with only guitar playing.
|Best headless guitars
|Always tuned and ready to play right out of the box.
Ibanez 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar is perfect for any level of player. It has a fast, slim Maple neck and a compact 22. Scale length. It also has high output Infinity R pickups.
Moreover, it is perfect for all abilities and ages! It’s a great choice for beginner players because it is so easy to play. But it is also great for experienced players who want a really small and light guitar.
- It is a great choice for beginner players because it is so easy to play
- It is also great for experienced players who want a really small and light guitar
- It is perfect for any level of player
|Compact and light
|Easy to play
|Great for any level of player
EART Classic Telecaster is one of the best headless guitars that you can find on the market. It offers a maple fingerboard, stainless steel frets, and tabby grains veneer.
Moreover, you will appreciate the construction and design of this guitar. It is a well-made instrument that will provide you with hours of enjoyment.
- It is best for beginners.
- It is best suitable to the players of country, rock and blues music.
- The fretboard is made from maple with cream inlays.
- Neck and headstock are both made from mahogany while the body is best suitable for all levels of players.
|Very beautiful look
|Best with a guitar strap
|Easy to use
Bootlegger Guitar Spade Travel Guitar is another headless guitar that is perfect for all abilities. It has a clear honey finish and is a professional travel headless electric guitar that is ready to travel to gigs and record studios.
It is the best headless guitar that can be a backpack with our optional gig bag, meaning that it’s perfect for all abilities.
- It is a full-scale pro instrument
- It has a set neck
- The bridge is a custom Bootlegger monorail
- It uses single ball strings
|Ready to travel to gigs and record studios
|Full scale pro instrument
|Custom Bootlegger monorail bridge
Jamstik Studio MIDI Guitar is a unique guitar that is perfect for any skill level. It is best for producers, songwriters, and guitarists who want to try something new.
It is also best for on-the-go musicians because of its small and compact size. Plus, this guitar has a full 25.50 scale length and is perfect for traveling musicians.
- It offers a full 25.50 scale length
- MIDI-capable with a USB C to A cable and adapter included
- It comes with an easy to use and intuitive software that is best for producers, songwriters, and guitarists
- It includes a custom padded gig bag with a USB C to A cable.
|Easy to use
|Unique 24 frets headless design
|Custom padded gig bag
Choosing the Best Headless Guitar (Buying Guide)
When choosing a headless guitar, there are a few things that you need to consider. First, think about the type of music that you want to play. Then, think about your skill level. Finally, consider the size and weight of the guitar.
Technical Aspects to Look for in a Headless Guitar
It is important to look for a guitar with an adjustable truss rod. It will allow the user to adjust the string action to best suit their playing style.
A fixed bridge is best for optimal tuning stability, and the addition of a locking nut can help to significantly reduce the possibility of strings slipping.
It is best to look for a guitar with an adjustable intonation system, which will allow you to fine-tune the pitch of each string.
Finally, it is important to find a guitar that feels comfortable in your hands. You will likely be playing it for hours at a time, so make sure that you can grip the neck comfortably and rest your fingers on each fret.
Conclusion – Best Headless Guitars
We hope that this article has helped you to choose the best headless guitars for your needs. Remember to think about the type of music that you want to play, your skill level, and the size of the guitar.
We also suggest you look for an adjustable truss rod, fixed bridge with locking nut, adjustable intonation system, and comfortable fretboard.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: Are headless guitars better?
A: It depends on what you are looking for in a guitar. Headless guitars can offer more flexibility in terms of design, and they can be more comfortable.
Q: How are headless guitars tuned?
A: Headless guitars are typically tuned the same as a traditional guitar. However, some headless guitars have unique tuning mechanisms that allow for more flexibility in terms of string tension.
Q: Are headless guitars beginner-friendly?
A: Headless guitars are best for all skill levels, and they are best for beginners because they typically have a slimmer neck.
Q: How heavy are headless guitars?
A: Headless guitars usually weigh between five and seven pounds.
Q: Who made the first headless guitar?
A: The first headless guitar was designed by Ernie Ball in the early 1990s.
Q: What type of music can I play on a headless guitar?
A: Headless guitars are best for metal, jazz, blues, and classic rock. They also work best with fingerpicking and light strumming.