Are you wondering what the best guitar for death metal is? If so, you’re not alone.
Death metal is a genre of music that has become increasingly popular in recent years, and with that popularity has come to a rise in the number of people interested in playing it.
If you’re looking to get into death metal or are already a fan of the genre and just want to upgrade your guitar, then you’ll need to know what to look for. In this article, we’ll give you a rundown of the best guitar for death metal, and what to look for when choosing one.
|Top 10 Best Guitar for Death Album|
|1||ESP LTD KH-602||See on Amazon|
|2||Jackson JS32||See on Amazon|
|3||Ibanez GRGA6||See on Amazon|
|4||Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas||See on Amazon|
|5||Dean Stealth Floyd FM||See on Amazon|
|6||Jackson JS32 Rhoads||See on Amazon|
|7||ESP LTD EC-1000||See on Amazon|
|8||Schecter 431||See on Amazon|
|9||Squier Contemporary Active Jazzmaster||See on Amazon|
|10||ESP LTD Snakebyte||See on Amazon|
Things You Need to Consider Before Choosing Guitar
There are a few things that you’ll want to keep in mind when choosing a guitar for death metal. The first is that you’ll need a guitar that can handle low tunings. Death metal is typically played in drop tunings, which means that the strings are tuned lower than they would be for standard tuning. This requires a guitar that can handle the lower tension without losing its intonation or going out of tune.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you’ll need a guitar with active pickups. Active pickups are necessary for getting the high output that is characteristic of Death Metal. They are also less likely to feedback than passive pickups, which is important when you’re playing live.
Finally, you’ll want to consider the construction of the guitar. Death metal is a genre that is known for its heavy riffing, so you’ll need a guitar that can withstand a lot of wear and tear. Solid-body guitars are typically the best choice for this, as they are less likely to feedback and can take a lot of abuse.
With those things in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best guitars for death metal on the market today.
List of the Best Guitar for Death Metal
1. ESP LTD KH-602
The KH-602 from ESP LTD is a great choice for death metal. It has a mahogany body with a maple top, and it comes equipped with a pair of EMG 81/85 active pickups. It also has a Floyd Rose tremolo system, which is perfect for doing those death metal dive bombs.
ESP LTD KH-602 has a mahogany body with a maple top, and it comes equipped with a pair of EMG 81/85 active pickups. It also has a Floyd Rose tremolo system, which is perfect for doing those death metal dive bombs.
The guitar has a fast action and low action, which is perfect for death metal. The guitar also comes with a hard case, so you can keep it safe when you’re not using it. It is the greatest and the best guitar for death metal that you have ever seen.
- Smooth, Silky Skin: This body butter oil is perfect for women who want to feel beautiful and sexy. The ingredients are selected to repair, reduce fine lines, and replenish moisture.
- Refreshing Scent: The captivating scent of this body butter oil will relax your mind, body, and senses. Go on, girls…Treat Yourself!
- For Every Skin Type: Formulated to provide additional nourishing moisture that our competitors simply don’t use! Balances oily skin, soothes sensitive skin, and moisturizes dry skin. Elegantly provides the ability for your skin to absorb the nourishment it needs.
2. Jackson JS32
The Jackson JS32 Dinky is another great choice for a death metal guitar. It has a basswood body with a maple neck, and it comes equipped with a pair of EMG 81/85 active pickups. It also has a Floyd Rose tremolo system, which is perfect for doing those death metal dive bombs.
The Jackson JS32 Dinky has a basswood body with a maple neck, and it comes equipped with a pair of EMG 81/85 active pickups. It also has a Floyd Rose tremolo system, which is perfect for doing those death metal dive bombs. It is another best guitar for death metal on our list.
- Instantly Revitalize: Gently massage your skin to instantly revitalize, heal, and rejuvenate your body. If longing for a body lotion consistency, simply store it in a refrigerator. For best hydrating results, apply the body oil just after a bath or shower.
- Mouthwatering Fragrance: Upon opening, you’ll immediately love the mouthwatering fragrance, relaxing your mind, body, and senses. Go on girls… Treat Yourself!
- Nourishing Moisture: Formulated to provide additional nourishing moisture that our competitors simply don’t use! Balances oily skin soothes sensitive skin moisturizes dry skin elegantly provides the ability for your skin to absorb the nourishment it needs.
3. Ibanez GRGA6
Ibanez GRGA6 is a great guitar for death metal. It has a fast neck and powerful pickups. It’s also very affordable.
Ibanez is a company that knows how to make great guitars for death metal. The GRGA series is their best-selling guitar for death metal. It’s a great guitar for beginners and experts alike.
- 6-String Electric Guitar: The Ibanez GRGA6 is a 6-string electric guitar that features a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. The body is made of mahogany, while the neck is maple with a satin finish.
- 24 Frets: It comes with 24 frets to provide access to the entire range of tones. Infinity R pickups deliver high output for clear sound and strong harmonics, even at high volume levels. The 5-way selector switch allows you to choose from various pickup combinations for your desired tone.
4. Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas
When it comes to metal guitar, few companies have as much credibility as Charvel. The Pro-Mod San Dimas Style is a modern take on the company’s classic ’80s models, and it’s ideal for death metal thanks to its fast maple neck, jumbo frets, and Floyd Rose tremolo system.
It’s also got a pair of Seymour Duncan humbuckers for plenty of output, and it’s available in a variety of finishes including black, white, and transparent red.
- Pro-mod San Dimas: The Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HSS HT Sassafras Electric Guitar, Ebony Fingerboard, Satin Black is the perfect guitar for any rocker.
- 22-Fret Rosewood Fingerboard: The Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HSS HT Sassafras Electric Guitar, Ebony Fingerboard, Satin Black features an alder body with a bolt-on maple neck and a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard.
5. Dean Stealth Floyd FM
The Stealth Floyd from Dean is one of the best guitars for death metal, hands down. It’s got a great look with its black finish and red pinstripes, and it’s built like a tank.
In addition, it has a Floyd Rose tremolo system for those who like to use whammy bars, and it’s loaded with EMG pickups for a huge sound.
- Mahogany Body & Flame Maple Top: The Dean Stealth Floyd FM guitar gives you the best of both worlds with a mahogany body and flame maple top. This combination produces a warm, rich tone that’s perfect for any style of music.
- Set Neck & Ebony Fingerboard: A set neck ensures optimal sustain and resonance, while an ebony fingerboard provides a smooth playing experience. You’ll love the feel and sound of this guitar!
- Black Hardware: The black hardware on this guitar looks great against the mahogany body and flame maple top. It also provides a lifetime of durability.
6. Jackson JS32 Rhoads
The Jackson Rhoads JS32 is a shredders dream, and the perfect guitar for any guitarist looking to take their playing to the next level.
Besides, the Jackson Rhoads JS32 features an alder body, maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint, compound-radius rosewood fingerboard (12″ to 16″) with 24 jumbo frets, and Pearloid sharkfin inlays, high-output Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups, and a Floyd Rose Special double-locking tremolo system.
- Stunning Jackson Design: This guitar is sure to turn heads with its black finish and white bevels. The Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line headstock is instantly recognizable and adds a touch of elegance.
- High Output Humbucking Pickups: The Jackson High Output Humbucking pickups are perfect for rock and metal players who need a powerful tone. With a master volume and tone control, you can easily shape your sound.
- 3-Position Toggle Switch: The 3-position toggle switch provides easy access to different sounds, letting you find the perfect tone for any situation. With a Jackson JS32 Rhoads, you’ll have everything you need to shred the stage.
7. ESP LTD EC-1000
The ESP LTD EC-1000 offers the tone, feel looks, and quality that professional musicians need, while still being affordable. It’s consistently one of ESP’s most popular guitars due to its combination of incredible looks and great performance.
It offers a vintage-looking body/neck/headstock binding and gold hardware and includes premier components like LTD locking tuners, a Tonepros locking TOM bridge, and tailpiece, and classic Seymour Duncan JB/’59 passive pickups.
- Designed for Professional Musicians: The ESP LTD EC-1000 offers the tone, feel, looks, and quality that professional musicians need, while still being affordable. It’s consistently one of ESP’s most popular guitars due to its combination of incredible looks and great performance.
- Vintage Looking Body/Neck/Headstock Binding: The LTD EC-1000 features a vintage-looking body/neck/headstock binding and gold hardware that gives it a look that is sure to turn heads.
- Includes Premier Components: The LTD EC-1000 includes premier components like LTD locking tuners, a Tonepros locking TOM bridge and tailpiece, and classic Seymour Duncan JB/’59 passive pickups.
8. Schecter 431
The Schecter 431 basswood body with maple neck offers great sustain and a bright, clear tone. The Tune-O-Matic bridge with string-thru-body provides solid intonation and improved tuning stability. Schecter Diamond Plus pickups provide a wide range of tones that are perfect for any style of music. The rosewood fretboard with graphite nut is smooth and fast, making it easy to play.
- Basswood Body: The Schecter 431 is a beautifully designed bass guitar that features a basswood body with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. The pickups are Schecter Diamond Plus pickups, which deliver a clear, powerful sound.
- Tune-o-Matic Bridge: The Tune-O-Matic bridge with string-thru-body ensures stable tuning and excellent sustain. The graphite nut provides superior tuning stability.
- Perfect for Musicians: This bass guitar is perfect for any musician who wants an instrument that looks and sounds great.
9. Squier Contemporary Active Jazzmaster
The Squier Contemporary Active Jazzmaster is a high-performance electric guitar that delivers modern sound and performance at an unbelievable price. The active electronics produce a bright, punchy sound with enhanced midrange for incredible tone.
A modern “C”-shaped neck profile makes it easy to play fast leads and chords, while the 12″ fingerboard radius and 22 medium jumbo frets provide comfort for all playing styles.
9 Best Electric Guitar for Jazz (Useful List)
- Humbucking Pickups: DUal SQR ceramic humbucking pickups produce a high-output tone ideal for crunchy rhythms and screaming solos, making this Jazzmaster perfect for rock and blues players.
- Comfortable to Play: The modern “C” shaped neck profile is comfortable to play, while the 12″ fingerboard radius is ideal for speed and effortless bends.
- Chrome Hardware: Black chrome hardware and 3-ply black pickguard give the guitar a cool look, while the matching painted headstock completes the look.
10. ESP LTD Snakebyte
ESP LTD’s Snakebyte guitar is designed for James Hetfield, frontman of Metallica and one of the most highly respected rhythm guitarists. It offers set-neck construction at a 24.75″ scale, with a mahogany body and a three-piece mahogany neck. The ebony fingerboard has 22 extra-jumbo frets with a snake inlay at the 12th fret.
It is another best guitar for death metal that is Powered by James’ own EMG JH SET active pickups, it also includes a TonePros locking TOM bridge and tailpiece. In addition, it is the best versatile guitar for metal that can be used for a wide range of music styles beyond metal. It is another best guitar for death metal.
- Designed for James Hetfield: This guitar was designed in collaboration with James Hetfield, frontman of Metallica and one of the most highly respected rhythm guitarists in the world.
- Set-neck Construction: The set-neck construction at a 24.75″ scale provides a mahogany body and a three-piece mahogany neck for stability and resonance.
- Ebony Fingerboard: The ebony fingerboard has 22 extra-jumbo frets and a snake inlay at the 12th fret for an amazing look.
- Emg Jh Set Active Pickups: Powered by James’ own EMG JH SET active pickups, this guitar can handle any style of music.
Conclusion: Best Guitar for Death Metal
So, what are the best guitars for metal? The answer to that question depends on your own preferences and playing style. That said, there are some great options out there for anyone looking to purchase their first death metal guitar.
If you’re on a budget, we recommend checking out the Ibanez RG series or the Jackson JS22 Dinky. Both of these guitars offer great tone and playability without breaking the bank. These are the best metal guitars under $1000.
Alternatively, if you have a little more money to spend and want an instrument that will last you for years to come, we suggest taking a look at Schecter’s C-1 Hellraiser or the ESP LTD EC1000T. These are the best metal guitars under $500.
These guitars represent some of the best in terms of quality and construction, and they’re sure to give you the sound and performance you need to take your death metal playing to the next level.
Meanwhile, you can also check out 11 Best Headless Guitars for All Abilities (2022 Updated)
Frequently Ask Questions
What guitars are good for death metal?
We have covered some of the best guitars for death metal in this article. However, it ultimately depends on your style and budget.
What is the best guitar for beginners?
The best guitar for beginners is the one that is comfortable for you to play and within your budget. There are a variety of great guitars on the market, so take your time and find the one that’s right for you.
What guitar should I get to play metal?
This is a common question among newbie metal guitarists. And while there are many great guitars out there that can do the job, not all of them are created equal.
That’s all for the list of the best guitar for death metal. You can also check out Top 15 Guitar Leather Straps: The Best of the Best and 15 Amazing Gibson Les Paul Guitar | Best Choice in 2022.